About searching this site
You can search all parts of the site:
- works of art: search in titles and descriptions. Please browse the list of artists if you're looking for a specific artist.
- bible texts: search in bible texts
- other pages: all other pages on the site
The search function is case-insensitive.
More than one word: simply enter the words separated by space characters. No boolean operators required!
We also support OpenSearch. How to:
- Chrome: ArtBible should be listed automatically at chrome://settings/searchEngines .
- Firefox: click on the browser's search box, and then click "Search artbible.info" in the drop-down list.
- Internet Explorer / Edge: Settings > Advanced > edit search engine.
Searching in Bible texts
- The texts are searched, not the titles.
- The order of the books in the Bible text search results corresponds with the order in the Bible.
- The results indicate how many verses match the query per chapter. The chapter is shown when you click a link.
- Only whole words are searched. The minimum length is 3 letters.
- Use the checkboxes to indicate which parts of the Bible you want to search: the Old Testament, the New Testament or the Apocrypha.
- Matching words are marked in the text by a colour.
You can also use the concordance to find a word.
If you're using a decent browser, double click on a word in the text pages to quick-launch the search facility.
Art and the Bible © 2005-2017 artbible.info